Monday, September 17, 2007

Mighty Mercury

I like women's college basketball. A lil bit. Usually, I root for Tennessee. I should attribute it to Pat Summit, but I had a small crush on Ace Clement back in the day and somehow kept rooting for her alma mater even after she completed her eligibility. I've never claimed to be a Lady Vols fan, though. I'm susceptible to taking an occasional liking to great players who don't wear orange and white. And I wouldn't want to be accused of being a sports bigamist. 'Specially not where women's sports are involved.

I did come close to the worst form of bigamy with Diana Taurasi. When she played for UConn, she was, in a word, undeniable. Three rings in four years. 'Nuff said.

While she was hardly a one woman show during the just completed WNBA play-offs, some things don't change. Dee Tee is, and probably always will be, undeniable.

Peace to the World Champion Phoenix Mercury.

No comments: