Monday, September 03, 2007

On the Humble

Woke up in the late AM on Labor Day thinking I'd make it a day on, not a day off.

Fixed a healthy breakfast. Egg whites and turkey bacon.

Watched the end of a movie I'd started the day before and not finished. Smokin' Aces. (Predictable ending. Tried too hard to be a marriage of a Guy Ritchie movie and The Usual Suspects. Helluva cast, though.)

Hit up the gym. Did an hour of cardio. Then chest and back. Even some ab work.

Enjoyed a good steam. Showered. And slipped into some denim shorts and a fitted white t-shirt.

Caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. And felt kinda diesel.

Drove to the mall. Jumped out the car and strode in. Chest on puff. Arms slightly clenched. Trying real hard to show off the little bit of muscle I've put on this summer.

As I strutted through the mall, I noticed a small mob walking in my direction. With a tall Black man in the center of it.

It was Caron Butler.


World-class athlete. Millionaire. Strolling through the mall. Deservedly wearing 19 times more swag than me.

Feeling just a lil bit humbled, I smiled to myself. Kept my chest up. And kept it moving. Far from the dieselest man in the mall. But diesel enough for me. For today.

1 comment:

mindful said...

i can only imagine the look on your face. :)