Sunday, March 01, 2009

My aTwiction

"My name is Tim and I have an aTwiction. It's been 20 hours since my last Tweet."

Yeah, I know. I'm not the only one who spends too much time on Twitter. I'm also not the only person who has done so at the expense of a blog.

It's a funny thing, isn't it?

Twitter requires brevity. In doing so, it challenges a person's wit. Which makes it very enticing for a writer. Some would argue. Others might condemn the site as a gross exercise in self-absorption. I'm with with former. Mostly. And I find myself on Twitter. Constantly.

That's probably an exaggeration. I don't live my entire life on there in the way some folks do. However, I've definitely written much more for my Twitter feed than I have for my Blogger blog since I opened a Twitter account last fall.

(If Twitter and Blogger were easy-to-monetize ventures, you'd have to assume that the long-form blogging platform would be taking a big L right now. It may be, but it is owned by Google, right? So things can't be all bad. Can they?)

I'm not the type to make noble pledges. I'm much more interested in just doing some shit.

I'm also interested in writing. Every which way. Every which where.

Some of it may even be worth reading. I make no promises about that, though.

No comments: