Thursday, August 23, 2007

dumbsmart

Lately, I've been asking myself this question:

Am I getting dumber or smarter?

What about both at the same time?

Albert Einstein is reported to have said:
"Never memorize what you can look up."

For several months now, I've been living by that axiom. Which makes this all the more paradoxical. But that's not the point.

If I'm emailing or instant messaging someone, I am consistently brilliant. No question. I have everything that any human being could possibly want to know right on the tip of my tongue. And I never need to strain my taste buds searching for it, 'cause I can google it and get the answer in two minutes. 10 tops.

But if I'm trying to have a conversation face-to-face...forget it. I'm a complete dimwit. I know what I'm trying to say. And maybe the other person does, too. But wise words are rarely spoken by me.

I think I am the dumbest smart person on the planet. Or am I the smartest dumb person alive?

Hold on...lemme pull up google.

No comments: